September to Remember in Huntington Beach
If you’re feeling a little sad that summer is nearly at its end, don’t reminisce about what could or should have been. September in Huntington Beach offers more to do than nearly any calendar month with multiple choices each week for festivals and events to attend.
Some HB highlights for September 2012 include:
- Civil War Days Sep 1-2. See Re-enactors in costume camp, take part in mock battles and fire canons
- BB Jazz Festival Sep 8 . This is a premier “who’s who” of the smooth jazz world.
- Senior Saturday Sept 8. Seniors love this event, and so do their kids!
- Surf City Days September 15-16. All ages, sports oriented beach fun.
- Pacific Islander Festival Sep 15-16. Cultural dance, music and foods to sooth your island soul.
- Ballet Repertory Theater Fall Festival Sep 15-16, Ballet in the Fall, no better time to see it.
- Monarch Magic Sep 16 (for kids). Puppet show, Monarch butterflies, kids fantasy parade and more.
- ProBeach Volleyball Sep 21-23. Volleyball on the beach with some of the nation’s top players.
- Chefs for Scholarships Sep 23. Local chefs stir up dishes for you to taste.
- OC SPCA Dog Walk Sep 23. Disc dogs, groovy costume contest and the walk to raise money for dogs.
- Surf City Dog Festival Sep 28-30. Surf contest for dogs, costumes and dog fashion, pet expo.
- Oktoberfest Sep 9-Oct 28, weekly Wednesday-Sunday. German music, food, drinks, dancing.
- Surfin’ Sundays through September. Surf music concerts.