Huntington Beach Weekend Surfing, Comedy, Cars & Jobs
What are you doing this weekend? Don’t stray away. There is comedy galore within Surf City’s shoreline. The annual
Huntington Beach Councours d’ Elegance, car show in Central Park behind the Central Library supports the library’s children’s programs. Public admission: $10 day, $15 weekend pass. Time: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Location: 7111 Talbert Ave., Huntington Beach, CA. hbconcours.org
Huntington Beach Events to see:
- US Open of Bodyboarding June 1-3, 2012. Free to watch. Come out and cheer on the best international bodyboarders who converge in this 3 day mega contest! usbatour.com
- Gene Pompa & Chuck Martin, stand up comedy show – at Surf Comedy Club. See Gene Pompa who has appeared on Late Night with Conan O’Brien and Comedy Central Presents, and Chuck Martin, who has appeared on the Tonight show and Ellen. surfcitycomedyclub.com
- Party Jones – at Taco Surf, 6-9 p.m. No cover. Location: Taco Surf, 16821 Pacific Coast Hwy, Surfside, CA. Call: (562) 592-2290
- Huntington Beach Elks Chili Cook-Off and Car Show. Car show starts at 8 a.m. Breakfast and other food will be available – vendors and food booths. Location: HB Elks Lodge, 7711 Talbert Ave, Huntington Beach, California. chilicookoff.com
- DJ – plays the tunes at Beachfront 301. Location: 301 Main St., Huntington Beach, CA.
- Sequence, The Flux, bands – at Gallagher’s Pub, 300 Pacific Coast Highway #113, Downtown Huntington Beach, CA. Time: 9 p.m. – 2 a.m. Call: (714) 536-2422
- Have Another Monkey, band – at Tumbleweeds Saloon. 21094 S. Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach, CA. (714) 960-2776
- Asthma and Allergy Screening – Free at Walmart Pharmacy, www.acaai.org/nasp.
- Surf City Job Expo – on HB Pier Plaza runs June 2, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. hbchamber.com