Funeral For Seal Beach Shooting Victim Tentatively Set for Sat. in Surf City
As the Dr. Conrad Murray Trial resumes on Wednesday, October 19, 2011, funeral dates have been announced for the shooting victims of an alleged Huntington Beach gunman, Scott Dekraai. A service is tentatively planned for Christy Wilson, 47 — 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Huntington Beach First Christian Church, 1207 Main St., Huntington Beach. Wilson was a hair stylist at Salon Meritage who testified on her friend’s behalf in court the day before the shooting took place.
Christy Wilson, a mother of three who worked at the salon, was in court last Tuesday, testifying at a custody hearing on Michelle Fournier’s behalf according to her husband, Paul Wilson, who said his wife stood up for her friend because she thought it was the right thing to do. A day after Scott Dekraai was in court seeking greater custody of his and Fournier’s son, he surrendered to police just blocks away from the salon where the shooting took place.
It has been a week since the rampage took place last Wednesday afternoon– the largest mass murder in Orange County history–that left 8 people dead, and one survivor in stable condition after being shot. The sole survivor has been released from a Long Beach hospital and is expected to recover. Her daughter was killed in the shooting while cutting her mother’s hair.
The following is a tentative list of funerals and memorials scheduled for the victims of last week’s deadly shooting rampage at Salon Meritage in Seal Beach.
• Victoria Buzzo, 54 — 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Our Lady of Refuge, 5195 East Stearns St., Long Beach.
• Michele Fast, 47 — 11 a.m. Thursday, St. Anne’s Catholic Church, 340 10 th St., Seal Beach.
• Lucia Kondas, 65 — 10 a.m. Friday, St. Anne’s, 340 10 th St., Seal Beach.
• Randy Fannin, 62 — 2:30 p.m. Friday, Fairhaven Memorial Park and Mortuary, 1702 Fairhaven Ave., Santa Ana.
• Christy Wilson, 47 — 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Huntington Beach First Christian Church, 1207 Main St., Huntington Beach.